Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important! Domain Share Problem?

Hı,

We, as I, have a problem in the network which is about sharing documents.
    Firstly, in the domain, when the users want to enter someone's share documents, the user ID and password is being asked.
    In order to see the share documents, one must enter the user ID and the password of the share document owner.
    However, this problem does not always occur. Sometimes there becomes no need to enter the user ID and password to see the share documents.
    Secondly, in the location part of user account screen, only computer name can be seen but the domain name must be seen too.

There is a figure that shows the problem below.(domain Server:server 2003,Clients:Windows XP)

Thanks

Re: Important! Domain Share Problem?

1. You didn't attach a picture.

2. You didn't say how you are accessing the shared documents (Sharepoint, mapped drive, UNC path, FTP... etc etc etc.

3. You didn't say whether you had checked the permissions on the files.

4. You didn't say whether you had checked the accounts of the user with the problem, to see if his password had expired or account was locked out.

5. If you're using sharepoint, you didn't say whether a proxy server was invoived.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

sorry!

secondly problem picture

the share document permission is everyone full control.

the passwords not expire or lock.

thanks

Comment

That pic doesn't help at all.

Are all the machines part of the required domain and are the users all using domain authenticated accounts??

Comment

From Locations tab change from computer name to domain name and then search ang give permissions to users :
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X