Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Restrictions

Hello,

i have set up an AD and GPO rules for Home OU and i am experiencing a problem.
    On client machine i make log on and before icons on desktop appear a receive error:

"Restrictions
    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I am pressing the OK button in the error message and it pop`s up again and after the second error message everything is ok, desktop icons appear.

The same error message appears when i am trying to refresh the desktop, with both right click/refresh and F5 button.

Can some one help me?

Thanks
    Have a nice day.
    Goce Bogdanovski

Re: GPO Restrictions

Something is configured in your start-up or logon script which is forbidden by policy - you need to look at all the places where items are started during login, and run each item in turn until you get the message; this will show you which one is causing the error.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks Stonelaughter,

but i think you haven't understand me right. there isn't anything in start-up of the client machine. probaly this is some sitting in the GPO, but i don't know which one.

you can see the error message in this picture

Comment

You are mistaken - there IS something in the startup - you're just not looking in the right place. There are MANY places in the registry which start processes during login. There's a tool which allows you to see them all but I can't remember what it's called...?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Ok Stonelaughter

but i post on this forum to get more precise answer. i am pretty familiar that there is some thing but i don't know where and what is it.

Thanks

Comment

MS Explanation:
            The system administrator set the access permissions to the files on this computer.
            If that is the case then check this article: http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true

What is the OS? (did you already checked the kb885927 article?)

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Silent Runners
              http://www.silentrunners.org/

This will show all non-standard startup items. It will also show your GPO settings if they involved a registry tattoo.

See MS-MVP Tony Klein's fascinating "A collection of Autostart Locations"
              http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...howtopic=24610

An indispensable tool is AutoRuns by Mark Russinovich and available now at Microsoft/Sysinternals:
              http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys.../Autoruns.mspx

With AutoRuns you can easily do a selective disabling of an autorun application or service to debug the process.

Note that your startup complaint is with access to a file. There is only so many GPOs that effect file system access. Check for restrictions on drives, file extensions, any entries in Restricted applications list, and check entries in Local Security policy to see if you changed the default NTRIGHTS for the user Group -- such as loading device drivers.
              Last edited by bcastner; 16th June 2007, 01:34.
              * Users Helping Users *
              MS-MVP Windows Networking

Comment

Thanks man.

Respect

Goce Bogdanovski

Comment

Working...
                X