Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remotely search registry for a certain key/value

Hi,

Does anyone know of an app/utility/tool which can do a search on multiple machines to determine if a particular registry key/value exists?

I have to do an audit on a number of servers to see if certain software is installed. If I can find the reg entries created when the software installs then I can search for those keys/values - and hopefully output it to a csv.

I know this can be scripted but I dont have much scripting knowledge. I've tried to look for a ready made script which does this but havent been able to find one. I'm hoping someone knows of a tool out there with a nice gui for the newbie like me

cheers!

Re: Remotely search registry for a certain key/value

GFI LanGuard may help you.

Enable remote registry before using it
    Cheers!!
    MCSE 2003,MCSA- Messaging 2003, VCP

Comment

Re: Remotely search registry for a certain key/value

I found a different way to go about it rather than query reg keys:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...es/psinfo.mspx

PSINFO:
      PsInfo is a command-line tool that gathers key information about the local or remote Windows NT/2000 system, including the type of installation, kernel build, registered organization and owner, number of processors and their type, amount of physical memory, the install date of the system, and if its a trial version, the expiration date.

You can create a servers.txt file and populate it with all your boxes so it can do remote queries. Then output the results to .csv format

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X