Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Windows2003 and Windows 2003 R2

Hi,

I have 2 DCs running DC01 and DC02 on windows 2k3 sp1 now im planning to setup a 3rd one DC03. when i do DCPROMO and try to make the windows2003 R2 SP2 server a dc i get this msg.

The operation failed because:

The Active Directory Installation Wizard cannot continue because the forest is not prepared for installing Windows Server 2003. Use the Adprep command-line tool to prepare both the forest and the domain. For more information about using the Adprep, see Active Directory Help.

"The version of the Active Directory schema of the source forest is not compatible with the version of Active Directory on this computer."

How can i solve this?

Greetings,

Re: DC Windows2003 and Windows 2003 R2

run the Adprep /forestprep utility, which you'll find in the Cmpnents\r2\adprep folder on the second CD-ROM. Before running this command, ensure all DCs are running Windows 2003 or Windows 2000 with SP2 (or later)

Comment

i cant run adprep /forestprep on the DC02 because its not a DC yet and the DC01 it windows 2003 sp1 i run it there got this msg:

Forest-wide information has already been updated.
      [Status/Consequence]
      Adprep did not attempt to rerun this operation.

what now? windows 2003 sp1 is not compatible with 2003 r2 version as domain controler?

Comment

Did you run adprep FROM DISK 2?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

yes on the dc02 that not a dc yet, but u mean did i run it on the dc01 no i did not i must rund adprep of disc2 r2 on the dc01 thats not a r2 release?

Comment

The ADPREP is to PREPARE the AD for the arrival of R2.

You must put Disk 2 into DC01, and run ADPREP from Cmpnents\r2\adprep on the CD.

This will prepare the AD for the arrival of 2k3 R2. Once this is finished, you can then update DC01 to R2.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

done works now tnx!

i dont need necesary upgrade my first dc01 to r2 right?

Comment

No, it is not absolutley necessary, but R2 does have some new goodies in it that you could find useful. Seems a shame to waste them.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X