Plz Help,Logon prob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz Help,Logon prob

Right folks, I would be so happy if you could help with this one. We have a user that when she logs on doesn't get her drive mappings, thats not the most important just now, after she logs on it also seems to lock her account. We have tried reseting the password,creating a new profile and none of this works. I dont know if an old password is cached somewhere or what is causing her account to lock after being logged in, I've never seen anything like this. Your advice would be great. Windows 2003 Server and XP client.

Re: Plz Help,Logon prob

Please (plz etc) and Help do NOT belong in Thread Titles.

Delete account.
    Delete Profile on XP or does she have a Roaming/Madatory one?
    Recreate User Account.
    Logon to XP.

What happens?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The last thing we are wanting to do is delete the account because of the time it will take to re-attach the mailbox. There must be a solution to this. She has a roaming profile, a new one has been created with no joy.

Comment

Is there anything else you would like to tell us about this problem. Exchange was NOT mentioned in the initial post. What else has not been mentioned?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

[QUOTE=tolmie;71149]The last thing we are wanting to do is delete the account because of the time it will take to re-attach the mailbox. QUOTE]

What time to re-attach the mailbox??????? Delete the user withOUT deleteing the mailbox. Re-create the user withOUT creating a mailbox. Re-attach mailbox.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

There is quite alot of other apps that it effects, its been done, now, account deleted,would love to know how to fix this problem tho.

Comment

Working...
            X