Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Help

Hello:
    I have a windows 2003 server with citrix installed. I have a group of users that will be remotely connected in and will only be allowed access to exceed shortcuts to access one of our unix box. unfortunately, once the user logs on an clicks the short cut, it looks like it tries to install for a second, then nothing. does anyone know the GP setting that will allow the user have the app install and run the short cut?

Re: GPO Help

I don't quite understand. Is the exceed application installed already or not? Why would you want an end user installing an application? Don't forget that when installing applications on multiwin TS environments, you need to supply the change user /install before hand. change user /execute afterwards.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

well, it turns out that the GP was not the problem. According to Hummingbird the TS has to be in Execute mode during installation. then they tell me that the user should be able to use the application after first login. No dice. The server is barking that the user needs to be an Admin to run the app.

During first login, it tries to set up user directories and that fails as well. I have removed all restrictions, and yet the only person that can run the app is the admin account. the folks at exceed are of no help.

Comment

Head on over to Microsoft's Sysinternals Tools website and pick up process monitor. Used properly, that tool will reveal to you what restrictions the end user is running into when launching the application, versus an Administrator running the application.

Another thing to try would be to enable full file auditing on the server, then check the security log for file access failures when the end user tries to launch the application.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X