Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event ID 1126 and Global Catalog issues (was: Global Catalog)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 1126 and Global Catalog issues (was: Global Catalog)

Hi,

I have a forest with 2 DCs and DNS installed on both DCs. DC1 went down and no way to bring it back online, and that was GLOBAL CATALOG DC. I seize all the necessary FSMO roles using DC2 since DC1 is down. Now the issue I am having is that I am getting Netlogon error and unable to establish connection with global catalog server evntID 1126. I added SRV records and made GC in site and services. I have no luck so far. It does not recognize itself as GC. I highly appreciate if you can answer this on the issue.

Abul

Re: Global Catalog

Have you made the server a GC???

Comment

Why did you manually add SVR records for the GC server? Let DDNS handle that. You might have goofed it. SVR records get tricky if you don't know the exact structure and placement of where things belong for AD integrated DNS.

Jas
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Have you made the server a GC???
        Yes, I did make it, but no luck yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
          Why did you manually add SVR records for the GC server? Let DDNS handle that. You might have goofed it. SVR records get tricky if you don't know the exact structure and placement of where things belong for AD integrated DNS.

Jas

I left it for more than a few days in thinking that DNS will handle by itself. Unfortunately, SRV did not add by itself. I added, but that did not work as I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by Abul View Post
            I left it for more than a few days in thinking that DNS will handle by itself.
            That's a problem. Ensure your DNS zone is active directory integrated. Ensure your DNS zone is allowing dynamic updates.

dnsdiag.exe might be helpful to diagnose issues.
            VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
            boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
            My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

you can try to restart the netlogon services.
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
              X