No announcement yet.

Old Domains / workgroups listed in Network Places

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Domains / workgroups listed in Network Places

I have several servers across 3 sites, a mix of windows 2000 server and windows server 2003 all with the latest service packs.

My problem is, when i go to My Network Places from either a server or a client workstation (2000 or XP) i still see listed old domains or workgroups from clients that have connected to our internal network.

eg: a rep connects his laptop to our network to make use of our internet connection while at our offices. the workgroup or domain that his laptop belongs to becomes listed in My Network Places. Once disconnected, the domain or workgroup remains listed.

I have totally cleared down the WINS database by selecting all entries on all my WINS servers and manualy deleting them.

This has had no effect.

As far as i can see i have no other browsing issues. all servers and workstations can be viewed in my netowrk places, all master browsers are working fine, computer browser and netlogon services have been restarted on all servers.

Could someone please help me resolve this issue.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MikeHunt; 21st May 2007, 14:49. Reason: Problem resolved

Re: Old Domains / workgroups listed in Network Places

Was WINS causing this issue?

It would be nice if you could post back with your solution so it can help others.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **