Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing terminal serv

Hi.
    I'm looking at this article from technet :"A Guide to Deploying Terminal Services"
    I want to try at home to use one pc with server 2003 station as terminal server and to connect another pc to it and act as end user workstation.
    I looked in this article from technet :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...lt.aspx?loc=en

I have question about the 5th line in section 2 :

"Make sure, by the way, that you've got your Terminal Services Client Access Licenses (CALs) in hand before you start or no one will be able to connect after your successful deployment"

Is it mean the general server 2003 licenses I've got with the CD installation?

Re: Installing terminal serv

No, it's not the same. The key you got on the CD is for the operating system. You need additional licenses, to allow users to connect to a Terminal Services server.
    Maybe this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client_Access_License will make things clearer.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

When you install your terminal server, you do not need to enter your license information straight away, there is a trial period.

Cant remember how long though

Comment

Thanks to both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsen View Post
          When you install your terminal server, you do not need to enter your license information straight away, there is a trial period.

Cant remember how long though
          120 days if I remember right.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
          boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
          My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X