Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTDS Replication Problems

Hi Guys,

I have seen this come up in the forums but cannot find the actual resolution. It would be very handy if someone could point me to the correct thread or even offer a solution. Can this be fixed? It happens on the DC that has always been up and running and holds all FSMO roles. It came about after the following situation:

- Second DC failed
    -Restored it from ghost image of 2 days old
    -Started getting AD errors on this DC after restore
    -Demoted DC (the ghosted image)
    -Cleaned Metadata from NTDSUTIL run from other DC (original one thats always been up)
    -Rejoined machine back as DC (same name same IP)
    - Started receiving these NTDS Replication problems every 2 minutes

Not sure what to do now, or what state my AD and replication is in...

The error message in full is as below:

5/4/2007 8:56:26 AM NTDS Replication Error DS RPC Client 1411 NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON HELIX "Active Directory failed to construct a mutual authentication service principal name (SPN) for the following domain controller.

Domain controller:
    5a4fb31d-6041-4c0a-9c54-743ee87e9e04._msdcs.enterprise.local

The call was denied. Communication with this domain controller might be affected.

Additional Data
    Error value:
    8589 The DS cannot derive a service principal name (SPN) with which to mutually authenticate the target server because the corresponding server object in the local DS database has no serverReference attribute."
    5/4/2007 8:56:23 AM NTDS Replication Error DS RPC Client 1411 NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON HELIX "Active Directory failed to construct a mutual authentication service principal name (SPN) for the following domain controller.

Domain controller:
    ec4fdc35-026c-470d-b6b9-11c6ab5ae51d._msdcs.enterprise.local

The call was denied. Communication with this domain controller might be affected.
Working...
X