Getting access to a Windows 2003 share from Dos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting access to a Windows 2003 share from Dos

Help. I have tried to get access to a share on a win2003 server (R2) from dos, but i get error 5: access denied. I disabled smb signing in a gpo. Anyone know how to get this to work?

Re: Getting access to a Windows 2003 share from Dos

There are a few policies on the Win2k3 server you'll have to relax. SMB signing being one of them. Network security: LAN Manager authentication level being another.

You also need to watch every Microsoft network client/server: setting. There are 7 of those.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Comment

Error 5 isn't specific enough for you? LOL

I'm currently traveling but if I have some time later today, I'll get it set up and we can compare notes.

Jas
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Ok guys, I found the problem. On the domain controlers it was working, but its because the domain controler has all the accounts on it. So i created a local account on that specific server with the same name and password. It now works and i can get access to that share.

Comment

Working...
          X