Upgrading from Win2003 SP1 to SP2 --AND-- Exch03 SP1 to SP2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from Win2003 SP1 to SP2 --AND-- Exch03 SP1 to SP2

This is my first time posting out here, I've been reading the articles and forums for a long time, and have found it useful.
    What I have is two Windows Server 2003 SP1 servers, one is my AD/DNS/file server, the other is running Exchange 2003 SP1 (which works in conjunction with the AD file server right next to it.) What I would like to do is upgrade both servers to Windows 2003 SP2 (enough time has lapsed, and I've waited awhile to see what happens with others). Also, the email server also has Exchange 2003 SP1, and would like to bump that up to SP2 as well.
    What I would like to know from others out there is what order should I upgrade the servers? Should I upgrade the Exch first, then upgrade the OS, or vice-versa? Any thoughts, advice, comments, questions would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: Upgrading from Win2003 SP1 to SP2 --AND-- Exch03 SP1 to SP2

I would'nt think it would make much difference which one you do first. But if it was me I would upgrade the W2K3 servers to SP2 first and then the Exchange server.

Obviously after I have backups all servers

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Upgrading from Win2003 SP1 to SP2 --AND-- Exch03 SP1 to SP2

Ok, thanks for the tip. Something else to throw into the mix, on the Exch server, I have Sybari's Antigen running as well. (Yes, it's been gobbled up by M$). Has anyone played with this while performing an upgrade of the OS?

Comment

Working...
      X