No announcement yet.

Printing issues on Terminal Server W2K3 R2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing issues on Terminal Server W2K3 R2

Hey guys, I've been lurking on the forums for a while but mostly access the main site for articles (good stuff).

I am a systems admin for a company and support a few servers but my main issue is a Terminal Server running Windows 2003 R2. Users from other states connect to it and do "heavy duty" printing like 1000s of labels per hour sometimes through an ERP program. The printers are LOCALLY attached to their XP workstatin and they use virtual ports in W2K3. I have setup all the correct 2k3 drivers for each respective printer. The problem is, most of the time the printers dont print. It would load up in the queue and start counting up/down but nothing would ever print. I know printing is one of the main hassles of a terminal server and its tricky stuff sometimes, but is there any easy managing tools for managing printer queues or at lease seeing why something isn't printing right?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Printing issues on Terminal Server W2K3 R2

What kind of application are the users running on the Terminal Server? Does the application depend on a printer being connected via a particular interface (i.e. parallel port)?