X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Application Installation

Hi,

I have a 2k3 server.

Is it possible to install application on remote computers logged on to the 2k3.

I believe it is possible to install and manage applications installed on network PCs from the server (without having to travel to the individual PCs).

Please advice is this is possible and is yes, where can I find some tutorial on this.

Thank you.

regards,
    Sans

Re: Remote Application Installation

If you've got the right "packages" (MSI, Windows Installer, etc.), you can publish or assign software installations using Active Directory. It works surprisingly well but I would not consider it a 1 to 1 replacement for a dedicated enterprise tool designed for the job such as Altiris.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Thx Jasonboche.

At this point, I am simply wanting to learn how to install simple applications on remote PCs.

Can you guide me to some documentation which will take me thru a step-by-step, to do this.

Thx in advance.

regards,
      Sans

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep_from View Post
        Thx Jasonboche.

At this point, I am simply wanting to learn how to install simple applications on remote PCs.

Can you guide me to some documentation which will take me thru a step-by-step, to do this.

Thx in advance.

regards,
        Sans
        I won't because I'd be re-writing what has already been written a thousand times before me. Doing a quick search I came up with this link which should get you well on your way:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...lications.html
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X