VPN with RRAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN with RRAS

Hi everyone. this is properly a stupid question but, i have set up a VPN using RRAS. That is all working fine. My question is, i have an xp client that is not part of the domain but i want them to map a drive on the server. How can i do this?

Re: VPN with RRAS

Provide network connectivity between the server and the XP client and map the drive using credentials that will be acceptable by the server. Acceptable credentials may be from a domain that the server is a member of, or credentials from the local SAM on the server.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
      Provide network connectivity between the server and the XP client and map the drive using credentials that will be acceptable by the server. Acceptable credentials may be from a domain that the server is a member of, or credentials from the local SAM on the server.
      I am getting connectivity with no problems and when connecting using there domain credentials I have a logon script that maps a drive in the user properties in Active Directory. Should this work?
      Last edited by Pulsen; 28th April 2007, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsen View Post
        I am getting connectivity with no problems and when connecting using there domain credentials I have a logon script that maps a drive in the user properties in Active Directory. Should this work?
        Yes but it is very insecure because you will have to embed a domain username and password in the login script for the net use command.

Jas
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Using the logon script in active directory doesnt seem to be working. They are not actually logging into the domain. They are logging in locally to their computer then using their domain credentials to connect to the VPN. Is there anything i am doing wrong?

Comment

Hi Pulsen
            Check your script. What I think the script may be providing wrong credential. Can you post your script so I can have a look and see what is wrong there

Comment

Well i had tried two, so here are both

Code:
              net use U: \\192.168.1.50\VPN
              The second was

Code:
              net use U: \\192.168.1.50\VPN /user:home.local\administrator *

Comment

Working...
              X