Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 Domain Controller removal problem

Hello
    I have recently had a server using which was for a very short time a domain controller. It got a corruption and had to be rebuilt. I had a problem putting it back on AD on my other server as it wouldn't accept it's name. I have rebuilt it with server 2003 with a different name and it is functioning ok. I have however the remnants of this server on AD and cannot get rid of it. I have followed your instructions using ntdsutil and all seemed to go well up until section 11 where when you input list servers in site, it doesn't show so i can't remove it. The problem in AD on remove failed server object in sectin 4 because it is permanently offline it says you don't have permission and stops.

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Dory

Re: Server 2003 Domain Controller removal problem

Originally posted by dory View Post
    Hello
    I have recently had a server using which was for a very short time a domain controller. It got a corruption and had to be rebuilt. I had a problem putting it back on AD on my other server as it wouldn't accept it's name. I have rebuilt it with server 2003 with a different name and it is functioning ok. I have however the remnants of this server on AD and cannot get rid of it. I have followed your instructions using ntdsutil and all seemed to go well up until section 11 where when you input list servers in site, it doesn't show so i can't remove it. The problem in AD on remove failed server object in sectin 4 because it is permanently offline it says you don't have permission and stops.

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Dory
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332199/en-us

and more importantly:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498/en-us
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X