Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with wsus update downloading

Hi folks !

I am wondering about one error on my wsus 2.0 server. Everything works fine, but only one update - sql server 2005 SP2 (about 1 GB) always finished downloading with crc error message in event viewer.

here is result from application viewer:

Source: Windows Server Update
    Catagory: Synchronization
    ID: 364

Content file download failed. Reason: CRC verification failure. Source File: /msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/sqlserver2005sp2-kb921896-ia64-enu_74cb88a52eea8fd445cd4160154a4461c0f009ca.exe Destination File: c:\WSUS\WsusContent\CA\74CB88A52EEA8FD445CD4160154 A4461C0F009CA.exe.

I have searched for this error in web, but only one solution I have found is that, I have to check proxy ( I don't have any proxy/firewall/port denied) and delete incompletelly downloaded update and start all action of downloading from the beginning.
    Actually I did not find any file in the stored folder like 74CB88A52EEA8FD445CD4160154A4461C0F009CA.exe.

c:\WSUS\WsusContent\CA\74CB88A52EEA8FD445CD4160154 A4461C0F009CA.exe.

hmmm, what should I do now?

Other updates are downloading fine. One more thing, that makes me wonder, is the downloading file > sqlserver2005sp2-kb921896-ia64-enu. Specially the string ia64 ! I don't need any ia64, only x86 ! In update's description under wsus admin console is typed> Microsoft SQL server 2005 Service pack 2 (KB 921896). There is no note about platform version x86, ia64.

Re: Problem with wsus update downloading

try to delete manually the file from the wsus directory, and then synchronize again

Comment

Originally posted by nitoglycerine View Post
      try to delete manually the file from the wsus directory, and then synchronize again
      Please read carefully !

Actually I did not find any file in the stored folder like 74CB88A52EEA8FD445CD4160154A4461C0F009CA.exe.

Comment

the IE download the file in a temp until the all file is downloaded, and then the file is moved to the right place. try to clean the all temp folders on your server.

Comment

Originally posted by nitoglycerine View Post
          the IE download the file in a temp until the all file is downloaded, and then the file is moved to the right place. try to clean the all temp folders on your server.
          I try it. I have deleted all from temp folders:

Documents and settings\administrator\Local Settings\Temp
          and
          Windows\temp

Now it is downloading 1 GB service pack again.

I am very curious.

Comment

Those are your windows temp files.

Try clearing out your internet temp files.

My location is

c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\Temporary Interrnet Files

Please note local settings is a hidden folder thus you must be abel to view it.

Actually thinking about it this may be the problem. Can you view hidden files and folders??

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Those are your windows temp files.

Try clearing out your internet temp files.

My location is

c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\Temporary Interrnet Files

Please note local settings is a hidden folder thus you must be abel to view it.

Actually thinking about it this may be the problem. Can you view hidden files and folders??
              Hmm I think ccleaner can do it for me automatically

Comment

Originally posted by Eica View Post
                Hmm I think ccleaner can do it for me automatically
                It will but it may in this instance be easier for you to actually see what the files are and browse through the folder structure to see if you can find the missing file.

Comment

I tryed to delete all temp files/folders including Temporary Internet Files in documents and settings folder, but today it finished with the same error.
                  WSUS folder is on system disk with 25 GB of free space.

I tryed to search for the 74CB88A52EEA8FD445CD4160154A4461C0F009CA.exe file through the whole disks spaces including hidden, system (all) files.

Content file download failed. Reason: CRC verification failure. Source File: /msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/sqlserver2005sp2-kb921896-ia64-enu_74cb88a52eea8fd445cd4160154a4461c0f009ca.exe Destination File: c:\WSUS\WsusContent\CA\74CB88A52EEA8FD445CD4160154 A4461C0F009CA.exe.
                  Last edited by Eica; 27th April 2007, 08:05.

Comment

Personally I never use wsus for service packs. That just my preferance due to experiance. Others will disagree with this but with something that has the potential to screw a server up if it goes wrong I tend not to leave things to chance.

In this case I would use a manual download and install on a server service pack. This is because if there is a problem (as you have) you can spend hours trying to resolve it when doing it manually takes much less time and you know what's going on in real time.

GL
                    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
                    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by AndyUK View Post
                      Personally I never use wsus for service packs. That just my preferance due to experiance. Others will disagree with this but with something that has the potential to screw a server up if it goes wrong I tend not to leave things to chance.

In this case I would use a manual download and install on a server service pack. This is because if there is a problem (as you have) you can spend hours trying to resolve it when doing it manually takes much less time and you know what's going on in real time.

GL
                      Yes, if I would have 1 SQL server I shall do it exactly like you. But in our company I have 10 or 15 SQL servers for developer purpose. Each one is installed on local machine or virtual machine. That's why I would like to use wsus. It's strange, cause all other updates are downloading well. Only download of sql sp2 ends with crc verification error.

Comment

Working...
                      X