Repair MMC, Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair MMC, Server 2003

A while back I read a thread here that described a way to repair the MMC in Server 2003 but I can't find the post. The article itself was not dedicated to MMC, but the procedure was there.

Whenever I try to access the properties of any of the Exchange objects in SBS 2003 I get a MMC error that shuts down Exchange System Manager.

TIA
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Repair MMC, Server 2003

Does it just not open or do you get an error?

Comment

I get an error and the application (i.e. Exchange System Manager) closes. This problem started a long time ago. Since then, I recently installed Server 2003 SP.

I tried to unistall Microsoft Management Console 3.0 from add/remove and it tell me it is not found. I try to install MMC 3.0 from Microsoft Downloads and it tells me it is not a valid application for SP2. There were some MMC 3 upgrades in SP2 which did nothing to correct my original problem.

Comment

I know that MMC relys on the TEMP directory being pathed, Windows Vista still uses DOS 6.x LOL

Make sure you have a pathed TMP and TEMP directory in your Enviroment Variables, right click My Computer|Properties|Advanced|Enviroment Variables...

HTH

Dean

Comment

They're both there.

Comment

It may be too late for this but here's another thread taking about how to uninstall 3.0. I've never tried it and the OP never said if it worked or not but FWIW http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=14612
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X