• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with changing server 2000 to 2003

i have domain on server 2000 , and i want to remove it to another pc
    note : the second pc . contain windows server 2003
    please can any one tell me how to transfer it

Re: help with changing server 2000 to 2003 - is an article you should read. If you have Server 2003 R2, ForestPrep and AdPrep are on Disk 2. - is another article to read.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: help with changing server 2000 to 2003

Follow biggles sound advice.

After you adprep your schema, you should:
      1. build a new Windows Server 2003 machine on your destination PC
      2. dcpromo the new machine to domain controller status (don't forget DNS)
      3. transfer over all 5 FSMO roles from old DC to new DC
      4. transfer over Global Catalog role if applicable from old DC to new DC. This is activated on a per DC basis
      5. use replmon.exe tool to verify replication is working properly
      6. shut down your old DC for a few days to see if your domain running on the new DC has any issues (did we forget anything?)
      7. bring up your old domain controller and dcpromo it back to member server status. At this point, you are done with the old DC
      8. Consider raising the domain and forest functional levels of your domain to Win2k3 native
      9. If you have other domain controllers separated by WAN links, consider implementing group membership caching for faster UPN logons. This is activated on a per site basis
      10. remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate
      Last edited by jasonboche; 15th April 2007, 16:42.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.