Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLB Share Disk, How To??

OK guys, this is the deal.

I want to configure 2 nodes NLB cluster with windows 2003 server sp2 with IIS for our Intranet.

Until now i have the instructions (anyway if exist officials instructions let me know) to do so, but my problem is when talk about a share disk.

Is fine in theory, with have a NAS here, so the administrator gave me a 20GB LUN but it can not be write it at the same time.

I can mount it at the same time in the different nodes but if i write something in node one i can not see it inmediatly in node two, so how this is supposed to work?

Can somebody please explain me.

Our NAS is a EMC Clariion 350

Regards
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: NLB Share Disk, How To??

You can cluster, and you can NLB, but you cannot cluster and NLB with the same box. MSCS arbitrates the shared disk access.

Shared disk access is common between nodes of a Windows cluster. This typically involves varying amounts of data that can and will change.

NLB most commonly involves no shared disks and data that does not change.

In your NLB configuration, what component is arbitrating shared disk access and how is quorum handled?

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

As Jasonboche said
      NLB -> need no shared disk
      Cluster -> need shared disk(s).
      MCP, MCSA+messaging, MCDBA, OCA.

Comment

Yes, I will go ahead with the cluster, I'm reading one SQL Cluster How To, One Exchange Cluster How To and This IIS Cluster How To
        When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
        X