No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adminpack

I would like to know if it's possile to upgrade adminpack installed on 2000 DC with AdminPack 2003 and How.
    MCSE 2003

Re: adminpack

The adminpack of Windows 2003 can be install on XP/2003 only.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: adminpack

Originally posted by yuval14 View Post
      The adminpack of Windows 2003 can be install on XP/2003 only.
      It can also now be run on Vista while we wait for the Vista/Longhorn version of the adminpak.

Running Windows Server 2003 SP1 Adminpak on Windows Vista RTM
      Installing the adminpak.msi will install all of the management tools that are needed to administer Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003 computers and network. Adminpak.msi has a few versions, and the latest one is for Windows Server 2003 SP1.
      However, right now there is still no Adminpak.msi for Windows codenamed Longhorn Server available, and beta versions of Vista prevented you from installing the Windows Server 2003 Adminpak.msi on them. As Windows Vista is released to manufacturers (RTM) and to the public during the beginning of January 2007, the lack of the right Adminpak.msi will cause system administrators to have to continue running Windows XP SP2 workstations in order to allow them to control and administer their networks.
      Although I am 100% positive that Microsoft will come up with a solution pretty quickly, for now, if you want to use the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Adminpak.msi on your Windows Vista computer, you will need to do the following:
      Install the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Adminpak.msi on Vista RTM.
      Once it is installed you will need to register the DLLs needed for the various snap-ins manually from an elevated command prompt. Copy the following text and paste it into a CMD file (something like adminpak_vista.cmd):
      @echo off
      set filelist=adprop.dll azroles.dll azroleui.dll ccfg95.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% certadm.dll certmmc.dll certpdef.dll certtmpl.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% certxds.dll cladmwiz.dll clcfgsrv.dll clnetrex.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% cluadmex.dll cluadmmc.dll cmproxy.dll cmroute.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% cmutoa.dll cnet16.dll debugex.dll dfscore.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% dfsgui.dll dhcpsnap.dll dnsmgr.dll domadmin.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% dsadmin.dll dsuiwiz.dll imadmui.dll lrwizdll.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% mprsnap.dll msclus.dll mstsmhst.dll mstsmmc.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% nntpadm.dll nntpapi.dll nntpsnap.dll ntdsbsrv.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% ntfrsapi.dll rasuser.dll rigpsnap.dll rsadmin.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% rscommon.dll rsconn.dll rsengps.dll rsjob.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% rsservps.dll rsshell.dll rssubps.dll rtrfiltr.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% schmmgmt.dll tapisnap.dll tsuserex.dll vsstskex.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% w95inf16.dll w95inf32.dll winsevnt.dll winsmon.dll
      set filelist=%filelist% winsrpc.dll winssnap.dll ws03res.dll
      for %%i in (%filelist%) do (
      echo Registering %%i ...
      regsvr32 /s %%i
      Echo Command Completed
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.