RIS with a different user?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS with a different user?

Currently we're using the Administrator account in our test environment to kick off RIS builds; and we're trying to change that.

I created a new user (let's call him rizzer), and placed him in a group called "Builders". I gave the group "Builders" read, list contents and read and execute on the RemInstall structure (yes, I propagated it down). I gave the "Builders" group the "Log on as a batch job" and "Join computers to the domain" user rights... and I've added the user group with "Read" permissions on the RIS Properties dialog for the server in AD Users and Computers.

And yet, when I try to build, it lets me select the image required, warns me about erasing hard drive contents etc, gives me the information about the client PC, then stops with "Access Denied".

What have I forgotten?

Cheers!

Tom

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Share permissions?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
      Share permissions?

Tom
      Nope... LOL. I just fixed it and was about to post...

In our particular situation, where we're building and rebuilding the same servers over and over, it turned out to be that the user account did not have the right to DELETE computer accounts. The accounts were being created with the MAC address as the identifying info, and each time a particular server was rebuilt it found a computer account already existed and it couldn't delete it to create a new one... **BOOM** failed.

So - we added the right to delete computer accounts, and off it went...

Thanks anyway....

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the answer to the problem.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X