Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP SP2...issue when attempting to install adminpak.msi...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP SP2...issue when attempting to install adminpak.msi...

Hello...looking for some suggestions here...short of a format c:\ - I recently reinstalled XP over an existing installation to fix a weird notebook/keyboard driver issue (after attempting everything else of course). I did not first format or wipe the drive...this was simply an 'overinstall' which did fix my weird keyboard issue and didn't seem to cause any other issues (running XP SP2 btw). This was all done yesterday. Today, I went to pull up Active Directory to deal with an issue and received this error msg:

"Windows .NET Server Administration Tools Pack can only be installed on Windows XP Professional. Please obtain the proper OS and service pack before running Windows .NET server admin tools pack wizard"

ok...weird eh? I AM running XP PRO with SP2 - it was installed from a VLK / slipstream SP2 disc we created for use with desktop services here...it works perfectly...used it a number of times...but have never yet done an 'over-install' as I did yesterday. I attempted to uninstall the "Windows .NET Server Administration Tools Pack" via the CP, but received the same error msg!! I attempted to RE-INSTALL "adminpak.msi"...same error.

I'm thinking there's some sort of strange version check problem here when attempting to run the installer....but I'm not quite sure where to go from here. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do?...HELP! If not, any suggestions on where I can start digging? Thank you in advance -

Re: XP SP2...issue when attempting to install adminpak.msi...

I was able to fix the same issue by downloading the "Windows Server 2003 SP1 Administration Tools Pack" from petri.co.il site itself. It uninstalled the existing (corrupt) adminpak and reinstalled a fresh new copy and it worked like a charm. I was able to access AD instantly!

Here is the url:

http://www.petri.com/download_windows_2003_adminpak.htm

Comment

Re: XP SP2...issue when attempting to install adminpak.msi...

Thanks for help on this issue. I am goint to give it a go now. Hopefully it works.

Cheers

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks for help on this issue. Great-great thanks!

Send free sms.Free sms service.Free Worldwide sms.

Comment

Originally posted by amigos
            Thanks for help on this issue. Great-great thanks!

Someones going for a ban already eh!!!!

No advertising allowed on the forum.

Comment

Working...
            X