Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and support does not open in my windows 2003 server

in my windows 2003 server , help and support doesnot working, i have
    also be checked with opening the helpctr.exe, but i didnot? how to correct it.

Re: Help and support does not open in my windows 2003 server

Well... I have absolutely NO IDEA because you've given us virtually no information about your problem... but here's some things to look at:

1. Check the "Help and Support" service; most services are by default disabled in Windows Server 2003.

2. If that doesn't fix it, try disabling "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security" briefly to see if that fixes it. If not, re-enable it.

3. Come back to us with more information.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi

thanks for your reply, i am uisng windows 2003 server, my problem is if i click the help and support task , it wont response, even it didnt open if i go to windows-pchealth-helpctr-binaries-helpctr.exe, i have also checked with enabling & restarting the the help &support services & disabling the internet security configuration
      kindly help me

Comment

Did you just run SP2? Well it's a bug caused by that which also stops Remote Assistance from working.
        See:
        http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive...ce-pack-2.aspx
        and it may happen even if you are running Win2K3 and NOT SBS!!!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X