No announcement yet.

Registery Keys Missing on Win2k3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registery Keys Missing on Win2k3

Hello all and thanks for the help in advance. Here is my issue :

I installed 3 Win2K3 servers from the same CD on 3 different machines. Inspecting the Event Viewer, I have a lot of errors in the System log concerning time synch. on 2 of the 3 servers. I looked up the errors on the Web and on the MS website. Almost all tech notes were refering to key in the registery. That key is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\W32Time

Now the real dilemma is :

1. That Key doesn't exist on one of the servers.
    2. The other server has that key but with settings that are different from the 3rd server

Can someone tell me how I got 3 different configurations on 3 different machines although I used the same installation CD given that all 3 servers have SP2

Thanks again

Re: Registery Keys Missing on Win2k3

Is there was a read cd error during the setup? Is the server/s setup as DC etc.?
    Did you change the timezone, auto sync. to external time server in the internet settings etc.?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: Registery Keys Missing on Win2k3

Perhaps one or more of your servers is a domain controller. In addition if that is the case, one of them may be the PDC emulator which is responsible for keeping time for the domain.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.