New Domain Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Domain Issue

I just created a new domain, every thing came up fine no issues. Setup exchange on a 2000 member server, no issues. Exchange works fine, DC works fine. I can join my XP workstations to the new domain with no issues.
    But as soon as I try to login after a computer restart hell breaks lose. Login takes forever once I am in and when I do "ipconfig /all" I do not see my DNS server entry there. I can ping the DC by host name and exchange server by host name, email works fine. How ever I can not ping the domain "domain.local".
    I have tried to flush and register dns cache but no use.

Now if I manually add the DNS server entry in TCP/IP settings or in a host file 192.168.4.99 every thing works beautiful.

Will appreciate your help, thanks in advanced.

Oh also this DC which is also a DNS and DHCP server, I had DNS pointing to itself i.e; 192.168.4.99, but some how it changed to 127.0.0.1.
    Last edited by usits; 24th March 2007, 07:42.

Re: New Domain Issue

Never mind I fixed it and learned a lesson. When you are working on some one's server do not let any one else touch that server.

Comment

Isuue is with your DHCP not with DNS... Add DNS entry to your DHCP

Comment

Yup, I let another tech setup DHCP thinking it is easy and he can do it while I set up exchange server. But guess I was wrong lol. Finally I came home 2 am in the morning, ate something, smoked and then I was like you know what let me recreate the DHCP scope and as soon as I did that every thing worked beautiful.

Comment

Working...
        X