I can resolve my ftp site by IP and not by name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can resolve my ftp site by IP and not by name

I have a server loaded with MS Server 03 running Active Directory. I have a registered domain name and have a company hosting my DNS for me. I am a noob to the world of DNS so I am trudging through it the best I can. I am using routing and remote access on this server because I have two separate networks: one workgroup and the domain. RRAS is functrioning correctly as I can browse the internet from the domain and I can access the ftp server from the internet via IP but not by name.
    I this a DNS configuration issue in my end: my DNS records on my server and or the record on my DNS host???

Re: I can resolve my ftp site by IP and not by name

Ask your ISP to create an A host record (Something like ftp.domainname.com) and point it to your public IP address (you obviously have forwarded the correct ports due to being able to connect via the IP address).

Hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: I can resolve my ftp site by IP and not by name

Got it fixed!!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zman
      Last edited by zman71; 23rd March 2007, 20:42.

Comment

Working...
      X