Win Product Activation Error on Win2k3 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Product Activation Error on Win2k3 server

The following error message is showing up in Event Logs every 2 mins. since Monday. System is Dell 1650, Win 2k3 Server with SP1. Its a DMZ server with very limited access. It is also running a website using IIS server but currently it is turned off, this server is used only if something goes wrong in our production environment. Its a DR server sitting at a remote location. What could be done to reslove this issue?

Thanks

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Windows Product Activation
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 3/23/2007
    Time: 9:12:49 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DRSCONNECT1
    Description:
    An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows product license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005

Re: Win Product Activation Error on Win2k3 server

"To solve this issue boot the system, start pressing F8, and when the menu appears, choose safe mode. In safe mode do the following: Go to start/run, and type
    regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll
    OK, then,
    regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
    and OK.
    Another solution is to perform a Repair Installation, inserting the legal Product Key."

or

As per Microsoft: "If you are running Windows XP SP1/SP2 or Windows Server 2003, the Windows Validation Assistant can scan your product key to help you determine whether your computerís operating system is genuine". See the link to "Windows Validation Assistant" to scan the product key.

Comment

Any other solutions that you can think about? In my opinion I must reboot this server, it is running at a DR site for 174 days without any reboot. It is also showing another error "Machine is running very low on available memory".

Comment

1. What the hell is a DR site? Is this a NABA?
        2. How can you go 174 days without a reboot? Do you not install any Hotfixes or Security Patches?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

DR is Disaster Recovery, which is a sort of redundency for servers at remote location. If one site looses connectivity or goes out of power etc etc, we can switch over to DR to keep business running. These servers are dedicated for emergency only and used only when needed, once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by cadijazz View Post
            DR is Disaster Recovery, which is a sort of redundency for servers at remote location. If one site looses connectivity or goes out of power etc etc, we can switch over to DR to keep business running. These servers are dedicated for emergency only and used only when needed, once a year.
            Is it a domain controller? If so, how often does it replicate? I find every seven days to be the best on a DR site.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

No, its not a DC, its sitting in a DMZ with limited access to/from it. It never got rebooted for 174+ days. Machine is running very low on available memory.I believe that reboot will fix it!

Comment

can anybody please help .

Comment

Before you reboot it, it might be an idea to apply some updates. The updates may also have an effect on the
                  Originally posted by cadijazz
                  "Machine is running very low on available memory".
                  error.

1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X