No announcement yet.

Slipstreaming SP2 on 2k3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreaming SP2 on 2k3

I have always relied on Daniel's article on slipstreaming XP/2003 and have never had a problem. Ever. However, I'm trying to slipstream SP2 onto W2k3 Std and make a bootable disk but it's not working. No errors, just doesn't work. I've tried several times. Sometimes it will boot, but then stops with an error saying it cannot find a particular file (different file each time). I started over and now it's just not booting.

Some things I noticed are that with Sp1 it creates a WIN51IS.SP1 file in the root of the CD. However, SP2 makes no such file when I run the update.exe merge operation. Is there something different with SP2 as far as how it updates the base image files? Am I missing something new?

Re: Slipstreaming SP2 on 2k3

Not that Daniel isn't the God of all things computing (like my Biggles77 impression???) but I've used these two links in the past w/ success:

See if they offer any insight that helps. I downloaded SP2 and installed it on 2 of my 3 test servers (DC next) but have not had a chance to slipstream.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.