Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall network slowness in Windows 2003 R2 Environment

Hi All,

I am having the following problem that everyday around 1700 hrs to 1830hrs, the overall network is very slowness in my office. When I mention slowness, it means accessing network resources that is stored in the servers etc. my environment are as follows:

Server: HP Proliant Server

Client: Various DIY machine

It seems that everyday without fails the slowness occurs and I have check the processes and event log that nothing is running in the background none any error had occurs. Anyone can enlighten me if there is any workaround for this problem. The problem only comes in when my company migrate to Windows 2003 R2. When using Windows 2000 server the above problem does not appear. Appreciate all helps. Thanks in advance

Re: Overall network slowness in Windows 2003 R2 Environment

Could be anything mate. Can you provide a bit more info about your set-up i.e. any switches / routers on your network ect

Do you have an AV / Windows Updates running around that time?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Are you running a backup??

Does your AV scanner run at this time??

Do you run any maintenace on your servers at this time??

Could be literally anything from the cleaners using your server as a gaming machine to a virus.

Comment

There is an AV Server running in the same server and Domino Server running in the same server. Have check the Domino task and AV task that nothing is schedule to run on that time. Have done Virus scan and also show that there is no infected files. Adware and spyware check have also been conducted. Is there anyway and things that I should check further. I am quite an amature to systm administration. Thanks and best regards

Comment

Working...
        X