X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 SP2 Released

More info can be found here:

http://blogs.technet.com/itproaustra...-download.aspx

Right, who's live production server is going to be the guinie pig?

Michael
    Last edited by ahinson; 16th March 2007, 22:07.
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Windows 2003 SP2 Released

I have one vmware production server...

Will try it out...

On this vmware machine there is MSSQL 2005, exchange server, AD etc...

Comment

Just one more question, it may be stupid...

Can Win2003 SP2 speed up logon?

Comment

Why have they released SP2 when R2 has only recently come out? Or is SP2 exclusively for R2?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

it is for:

Windows Server 2003 Editions (all 32-bit x86)
          Windows Server 2003 R2 Editions
          Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 Editions
          Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2

Comment

Download link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
            Server 2000 MCP
            Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
              Why have they released SP2 when R2 has only recently come out? Or is SP2 exclusively for R2?
              R2 is basically an expanded feature set for 2003 in essence. The underly OS is still Server 2003 SP1 (afaik).
              Server 2000 MCP
              Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Well just pushed SP2 to our Computing Services group with 1 2k3 server for management. It's production but no biggie if it goes down Wish me luck... Will post if I have issues.

Nate
                Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by nateh View Post
                  Well just pushed SP2 to our Computing Services group with 1 2k3 server for management. It's production but no biggie if it goes down Wish me luck... Will post if I have issues.

Nate
                  Your a braver man than I ever will be!!

Michael
                  Michael Armstrong
                  www.m80arm.co.uk
                  MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
                    Your a braver man than I ever will be!!

Michael
                    Well someones got to find all the bugs and issues before us wimps install it!!!
                    Server 2000 MCP

Comment

We're waiting a month before installing it to check out the feedback.

Not my decision mind.

Fallout, isn't that what a good backup strategy helps.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                        We're waiting a month before installing it to check out the feedback.

Not my decision mind.

Fallout, isn't that what a good backup strategy helps.
                        We never install service packs straight away. We usually wait until the next major school holiday and as this release is close to easter we will wait until summer now i guess. Then we might even get round to upgrading our remaining 2k boxes to 2k3.
                        Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb View Post
                          We never install service packs straight away. We usually wait until the next major school holiday and as this release is close to easter we will wait until summer now i guess. Then we might even get round to upgrading our remaining 2k boxes to 2k3.
                          I thought you guys were off all over the holidays (Or is that just teachers?)

Michael
                          Michael Armstrong
                          www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
                            I thought you guys were off all over the holidays (Or is that just teachers?)

Michael
                            Yeah just the teachers and any term time support staff. Out of a staff of 150 there are usually only about 15 in during holiday periods. I usually take xmas off and some of the half terms, but generally if you want cheap holidays then you need to go in term time.
                            Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb View Post

Pity some people didn't go by this rule when they bought Vista, I'm waiting for SP1 before I purchase/install at home.

Yeah just the teachers and any term time support staff. Out of a staff of 150 there are usually only about 15 in during holiday periods. I usually take xmas off and some of the half terms, but generally if you want cheap holidays then you need to go in term time.
                              Ahem! m80arm how do you think all those bits of paper stuck to the celling, chewing gum stuck under desks, ink soaked paper on the walls and graffiti in the toilets come from ? The IT staff get board when everyone else is off They invite friends over had have a LAN party
                              The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
                              ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                              X