No announcement yet.

User can change password account in Domain Controller no need to join into DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User can change password account in Domain Controller no need to join into DC

Hi all ,
    Could you please show me how can i change password of my account in DC , but i don't join into the DC ?
    Thanks so much

Re: User can change password account in Domain Controller no need to join into DC

I don't really understand what are you asking...
    You want to change your AD user's password, without logging in to the domain?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: User can change password account in Domain Controller no need to join into DC

I think he means he wants to reset his AD password with out joining his workstation to the domain - correct?

If this is the case then you will need domain admin rights to log onto one of the Domain Controllers and reset your password via the Active Directory Users and Computers GUI.

Hope this helps

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

YOU can't but your ADMIN can.

Comment

Sorry about my question is not clear .!!
          I mean , our company have a DC and someone in my company don't want to join into this Domain ( beacuse some special reason ) , But the want to change their password of account in DC .
          Do you have ant solution , software ... to do this .

Comment

The only way you can change a Domain password is whenyou are logged onto the domain and press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Change password or your administrator changes your password from within ADUC.

Is this a user that doesn't have an account in your AD structure??

Comment

Working...
            X