Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirect web address

greetings!

i had just finished installing and configuring our forum. its installed in a win 2003 (not in a domain) server with its own public ip. however i use http://ipaddress to load the forum because our website is hosted on our isp side.

how can i make the forum load as.. www.company.com/forum

thanks.

Re: redirect web address

In IIS Manager, make yourself a new Virtual Directory named "forum" and point it somewhere on a local disk.

Then edit "forum" properties and change the "Virtual Directory\The content for this resource should come from:" to "A redirection to a URL" and fill in the rest.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I'm sure all you need to do is create an 'A' record in DNS that points www.companyname.com to ipaddress.

Comment

Good point. I was fixated on accessing it from /forum and from an internal IIS.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
          Good point. I was fixated on accessing it from /forum and from an internal IIS.
          This is of course dependant on the actual name internal as opposed to the external name.

Comment

does it also mean that i have to make my server a dns server?

Comment

No you don't need to make the server a DNS server.

How exactly is the machine setup??

Do you have a domain setup from where you access the machine??

Will your website name be the same as you internal DNS namespace?? i.e. your internal name i comapny.com and you want to access www.company.com from internal hosts??

If that is the case then you need to setup an A record on your DNS server that points www to the IP Address.

Comment

Working...
              X