Problem setting up RRAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem setting up RRAS

I am a newbie for Routing and Remote Access.
    My purpose of setting up RRAS is to monitor the clients' access of internet, preventing employees from using IM or P2P sharing.

Here is my network structure

Primary Server:
    Windows 2003 SP1
    DNS
    Domain Controllers
    Active directory
    DHCP
    Remote Installation Services

Secondary Server
    Windows 2003 SP1
    -2 NICs there.
    RRAS (I setup the RRAS as a router)
    -in the setup option, i choose NAT

Diagram of my network
    Primary server -> Secondary Server -> AP -> Clients

After I setup the RRAS, Clients cannot access to the internet.

Question.1
    Is my network structure setting okay? My secondary Server does not have any DHCP or DNS service there, but 2nd server is under the domain of the first server.

Question.2
    Is anybody know why the clients cannot access to the internet? Can anybody gives me some troubleshooting?

Question.3
    I searched for how to set up RRAS on the internet, but most of them only show how to set up VPN or remote access. Can somebody give me a direction guide of how to really setup RRAS as a router and monitor clients with RRAS.

Re: Problem setting up RRAS

My purpose of setting up RRAS is to monitor the clients' access of internet, preventing employees from using IM or P2P sharing.
    This is the job of a firewall. RRAS is designed to give people the ability to connect to your servers from their remote hotel/home/client's site. That is why the sites only show how to set up VPN or Remote Access; because that's what RRAS does.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
    X