Trying to go back to IE6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to go back to IE6

I have a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1 - recently someone - a terminal server user ( I know I should not have let them on) upgraded to IE7. After that things started to not work right - mostly things that involved displays - such as Outlook 2003 client and my Backup Exec 10d interface - maybe some other stuff. I wanted to go back to IE6 so I uninstalled the IE7 from the control panel updates.

At first all seemed well. Then when I applied the DST patches and rebooted the server the Internet Explorer stoped working - it could not display any information -the Outlook Client cannot display most messages - the Backup Exec Interface is all messed up.

Now it is acting like IE7 is installed but it is not showing as installed - Can I get back to IE6 or somehow fix this mess without messing up my Exchange Server more? Any help with an approach will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Trying to go back to IE6

Does Server 2003 have SP1 on it?

For XP How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

I speculate that it might be the same for Server 2003 (i.e. pre sp1, run repair; post sp1, reinstall sp1)

Don't take my word for it.

I'll see if I can confirm this.

EDIT - Found this
    I know it says for XP... Yes it should work just fine for 2k3...

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

If not then you can probably muck about with this:

Start
    Run
    Type "rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\windows\inf\ie.inf" without the quotes (just copy and paste really0
    Press enter
    Muck about in there and that *should* still do it...
    From http://www.tutorials-ne.com/ie6/Uninstall-Windows/
    Last edited by JeremyW; 12th March 2007, 13:55. Reason: Forgot to put in the link
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Trying to go back to IE6

Originally posted by mjdavey61 View Post
      Now it is acting like IE7 is installed but it is not showing as installed
      Seen this before (on desktops mind you), add/remove programs, uninstall IE 7 is in there, near the bottom, if you haven't already of course.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X