Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Change Time Zone on the Time & Date Tab

Hello:
    I have a question, we are trying to prepare for the American time changes. We noticed that we could not modify time zones. this was necessary because the old admins set the time zones incorrectly years ago. I contacted MS and they gave me this information:
    Article ID : 832004
    Last Review : October 26, 2006
    Revision : 2.4

They also sent me the hot fix, however it did not work. has anyone experienced this, and can you point me in the right direction to fix it?

Homer

Re: Cannot Change Time Zone on the Time & Date Tab

Originally posted by homerjay View Post
    Hello:
    I have a question, we are trying to prepare for the American time changes. We noticed that we could not modify time zones. this was necessary because the old admins set the time zones incorrectly years ago. I contacted MS and they gave me this information:
    Article ID : 832004
    Last Review : October 26, 2006
    Revision : 2.4

They also sent me the hot fix, however it did not work. has anyone experienced this, and can you point me in the right direction to fix it?

Homer
    First of all what is the error message you get when you try to change the time zone?
    Secondly how are you trying to change the time zone?
    Here is a cool website that has a free utility to accomplish this:
    http://www.intelliadmin.com/Downloads.htm

Comment

Re: Cannot Change Time Zone on the Time & Date Tab

Hi:
      thanks for the tool, it does help with some of the machines here. However, the problem that I am facing is this:

The person who set up the server some time back incorrectly set the time zone to one that is not ours. We should be in Eastern Time Zone, but he set it to Central. The problem is that I cannot change the zones at all. I am logged in as Administrator. I try to change the zone, click apply, then OK. Close the dialog box, then re-open and the time zone stays just as before. I get no error messages or log file that tells me why the change will not take.

I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Homerjay.

Comment

Working...
      X