Seagate Tape Drive not working with Win2K3 SP1 - [was: Hard(ish) Question]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagate Tape Drive not working with Win2K3 SP1 - [was: Hard(ish) Question]

I have just found out that my Seagate tape drive does not work with Windows 2003 Server original NTBackup.exe. It only works with Windows 2003 Server - SERVICE PACK 1 NTBackup.exe.
    So what you may ask - at least it works.........Well it does, but here is the hard(ish) problem.....
    When using NTBackup with Service Pack 1, I create an Automated System Recovery Backup. Unfortunatley when I was testing the restore process, by selecting F2 for ASR during Windows 2003 setup, it did not recognise the tape drive because the limited version of windows 2003 that setup loads uses the older original NTBackup.exe.
    Is there any way that I can somehow tell setup to uses the newer version of NTBackup, rather than the older version, during the F2 ASR?

Alan

Re: Hard(ish) Question

Ouch - well done Microsoft :-/

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: Hard(ish) Question

See if you can get your hands on CD media that has SP1 included, or slipstream a set.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: Seagate Tape Drive not working with Win2K3 SP1 - [was: Hard(ish) Question]

Storyea, please choose a more descriptive title next time you post.
        Hard(ish) Question, means absolutely nothing.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X