Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to recover the lost security settings

Hi All,

As everyone know that there is a default $ sharing is there in windows for each and every partion and in security tab deafult every one is allowed on every drive..so now if suppose someone remove the default sharing and remove everyone is allowed from his security tab of particular drive...now he is getting a message to access denied when he trying to access his local drive as a local administrator or as a domain user......now if he is right clicking on that drive he is not able to see the sharing and security tab also ..so now how can someone recover the lost security option and recover his data from this drive...how someone can recover to the earlier stage of the security......

John

Re: how to recover the lost security settings

Hi Sorinso , Rvalstar , Daniel,

Can you please help me in this metter...

Thanks...

John..

Comment

Very hard to read and understand. .. is not a recognised punction symbol. Can you please sit back, take a deep breath and type out your problem again if you can't solve it with Take Ownership and readding User permissions.

Add some details. 19 posts and having read many more, you should know better by now. You have not mentioned if this is on the server, workstation etc (posting in the SBS Forum means nothing since, in your desperation, you may have posted in the wrong location) and please use a full stop. Also, no need to repost 5 hours after making the inital post. People will get to your post when they have time. Like you, we all have real world jobs and do not sit on the Net waiting for someone to post just so we can answer.

Now see how easy that was to read. Now try reading it your style

very hard to read and understand...is not a recognised punction symbol...can you please sit back take a deep breath and type out your problem again if you can't solve it with take ownership and readding User permissions....add some details...19 posts and having read many more you should know better by now........you have not mentioned if this is on the server workstation etc posting in the sbs forum means nothing since in your desperation you may have posted in the wrong location and please use a full stop...also no need to repost 3 hours and 27 minutes after making the inital post...people will get to your post when they have time......like you we all have real world jobs and do not sit on the net waiting for someone to post just so we can answer......
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

well i just spent 20 secs typing the following into Google

Restore Default Shares

This returned this

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...default+shares

and the first hit on this was

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/318755

Patience is a virtue my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jhn_daz View Post
          Hi Sorinso , Rvalstar , Daniel,

Can you please help me in this metter...

Thanks...

John..
          Guess I should be honored to be called out amongst such esteemed brethren.

So my take away from your original post is as follows:
          • You removed C$
          • You removed Everyone having any (was full) permissions from the Properties\Sharing and Security\Security tab for C: (not from the share which you already removed)
          • Now you can't get to C:

That would be an affirmative on the assumption that Everyone was the only group w/ privs on C:

The C$ share bit looks irrelevant to your prob ASSUMING I read your post correctly using Sorin's Vulcan mind melding powers -- hard to do being I'm a Romulan.

As a local admin, you should be able set the privs back in that tab as Administrators should be the owner of the C:\ directory.

If not, you should be able to take ownership (Advanced button) -- give it to Administrators then you should be able to set privs at the root.

You may need to check the "Replace..." box (will take ownership of everything on down the line). Do that as a last resort.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Friennds ,

I have tried to find as per your given location but there is no Auto share server key over their...i am using Win-XP and W2k Prof. both the OS. so is their any other way..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters\AutoShareServer

John

Comment

Working...
            X