services stopped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• services stopped

After restarting windows 2003 DC,its found that no service is running.in services console ,the extented part shows nothing and in standard,shows no status.if i try to start a service by clicking its found that service is not awailable..the problem started after a regular restart of DC.when restarted its shows that ntldr is misssing and using a boot floppy its rectified..after loading windows its takes more time to load every services...From this point ,its found that my DC is down...i can access files and folders...but cant open programs like SQL server 2000..etc..whts the reason??is it possible to rectify it?????its critical..domain is not awailable...my entire nework and DC is down...can any one help??
    Last edited by raziengg; 23rd February 2007, 11:08. Reason: to add more info..

Re: services stopped

Open a command prompt and type "net start". Post the output here.

Look in the Event Log (SYSTEM) and see if you can find any relevant information. Post it here.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Is the system in safe mode??

Comment

Let's hope that the Event Log service did start.
        Maybe will be a good thing to run sc query > c:\services.txt and to post the TXT file too...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

thanks 4 ur quick reply....all previously running services are down...cant start any services...even in safe mode...

Comment

Originally posted by raziengg View Post
            thanks 4 ur quick reply....all previously running services are down...cant start any services...even in safe mode...
            Would you like to try the things we asked you to try? Please? Without this information we cannot help you.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
            X