No announcement yet.

Telnet NTLM Authentification error on windows server 2000 runing exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telnet NTLM Authentification error on windows server 2000 runing exchange 2003

Telnet NTLM Authentification error on windows server 2000 runing exchange 2003.

I upgraded my Exchange server from 2000 to 2003 over the weekend. This server runs the Telnet service which connects our RF Guns for inventory transaction transmissions. I now have a telnet login authentification error occuring on my RF Guns connection to the telnet service. These all worked fine before the upgrade to Exchange 2003.

The Telnet service, ataman service and the BTS user are all started on the system. When I try to start the RF Guns they return an error of:

NTLM Authentification failed, session terminated.

Does anyone have a possible solution for this issue.

Re: Telnet NTLM Authentification error on windows server 2000 runing exchange 2003

Maybe something tighted up Telnet?

If you run tlntadmn.exe, what do you get?

The default should be something like this:

C:\>tlntadmn

The following are the settings on localhost

Alt Key Mapped to 'CTRL+A' : YES
    Idle session timeout : 1 hours
    Max connections : 2
    Telnet port : 23
    Max failed login attempts : 3
    End tasks on disconnect : YES
    Mode of Operation : Console
    Authentication Mechanism : NTLM, Password
    Default Domain : YourDomain OR YourComputer
    State : Running
    Is the authentication mechanism as you feel it should be?

How are the guns connecting? Via a local or domain user account (NTLM)? Via a plaintext user / password (Password)? Have you tried logging on to Telnet manually using that info?

tlntadmin /? gives you the syntax for mucking w/ authentication and/or setting the plaintext user / password.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X