Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• svchost problem

hi....

sorry, but i forgot to mention that i have svchost error too, have any ideas on what can it be.
    my windows 2000 pro is with sp3, and for home use only.

thanx, and this forum is great.

answer,

hi,

i have an idea, why don't you check your computer for any viruses (make sure your anti virus is updated).

i have a feeling you have a virus/worm on your computer.

Nahum.

Comment

Re: answer,

Originally posted by Nahum Eliash View Post
      hi,

i have an idea, why don't you check your computer for any viruses (make sure your anti virus is updated).

i have a feeling you have a virus/worm on your computer.

Nahum.
      Good feeling Nahum... W2K is not protected against W32.Blaster and W32.Sasser worms... even if you have SP4! You have aditional Security Hotfixes by MS for that problem...

Look for process named "htpatch.exe...". Locate it (I think in %systemroot%\system32\htpatch.exe...) it should have an icon like barcode. Delete it, and also delete run instance from the registry!

Install SP4 first (not necesary, but it would be wise thing to do...)... here you go a link with updates and removal tools:

Blaster patch: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      Blaster removal tool: http://www.symantec.com/security_res...081119-5051-99

Sasser patch: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      Sasser removal tool: http://www.symantec.com/security_res...050114-1706-99

After downloading updates and removal tools, DISCONNECT from the internet and do your job...
      Last edited by kojo1984; 18th January 2007, 12:30.

Comment

Re: svchost problem

Hi, kojo1984.
        Not that I'm complaining, but do you think they are still waiting for a solution after more than three years? Have you noticed the date of the original posting?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          Hi, kojo1984.
          Not that I'm complaining, but do you think they are still waiting for a solution after more than three years? Have you noticed the date of the original posting?
          Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... No I haven't noticed, that's for sure, but I wondered why is he still using SP3 hahahahahahahahahah... all that trouble for nothin'...

I'm laughing hell out of me! I have showed to my workmate... no coments...
          Last edited by kojo1984; 18th January 2007, 12:54.

Comment

Cool, it happens.
            At least you tried to help, and you put some effort in it
            You should be rewarded for that...

Good luck with the other posts...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

I have noticed that you are from Israel... I have met a businessman from Tel Aviv and should work with him... He wanted to do some projects in my city with SFINKS and ALVARION (comunications, internet, etc...)... but everything went down the water for some stupid reason... My baaad luck ...

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed so you'll have better luck with better projects.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

I too have been caught with year + old posts. It is easy to do if you are scrolling through them and you see one that HEY I know that answer. The date is the last thing to worry about.

Forum participation is appreciated, especially if you are providing solutions, no matter how old the posts are.
                  At some stage someone will see your post and will help them. This site is after all a Knowledgebase as well as a help site. Well done Kojo and keep it up. (I wish it was a real one for you)
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X