No announcement yet.

How to connect dual network card

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect dual network card

I have a Win2003 server enterprise edition with two network cards install on it, can i use both cards in order to gain more bandwidth when my clients on the network access this server?
    if so, how do i implemnt this?

Re: How to connect dual network card

What hardware is the server? And the NICs?
    To what hardware is the server connected: HUB? Switch? Which model?
    HP servers have implemented in their drivers the teaming option.
    About others, I don't know (I think the major brands have similar things).
    So, before starting digging the Net, please answer my questions.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

I take it you're not running any form of 802.1 Spanning Tree Protocol?

You need to read up on Network Load Balancing (NLB):

Many more articles on same in Google.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

NLB / NIC Teaming is the answer... you can team for bandwidth or you can team for load balancing or you can team for resilience.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you