Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, Can i make my compputer DC (Domain Controler)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Can i make my compputer DC (Domain Controler)?

Hello everyone,

I installed windows 2003 quite recently on my computer but i couldn't play with all the fancy stuff that win2k3 have so i was wondering if you guys can help on this one vital important question:

Q1: I have only one PC with windows 2k3 installed, i want to make this PC as DC and be able log in as a domain user, is it possible and if so how?

I know my question isn't clear/confusing, so one more time... can i join a domain which is the same PC and with all users i create on AD log on as domain user without the need for second PC and cable etc...

I really look forward to your comments.....

Please perform a search on my site for more info on how to install Active Directory on Windows Server 2003.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks i found the article (http://www.petri.com/active_director...quirements.htm) i will just read it now and maybe come back to bother you guys more qs

But before is it possible to make one computer both DC and domain computer?

Comment

No, the server will be the DC, but if you configure it properly you will be able to log on to it with a regular user account.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X