Online Forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Forms

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread topic or not. Sorry if it not really couldn't find were else to put it. I am looking for a good way to setup and local intranet with forms that my employees can fill out and process. Basically when they would fill out the right form it would got to the people that need to received it automatically. Being that I'm no programmer I really want something simple and easy to use. Is there anything for outlook that will do something like this with Exchange? A local site using IIS would be great.

Thanks,
    Joey

Re: Online Forms

What about something like sharepoint??

Comment

Doesn't sharepoint use Microsoft InfoPath, meaning that anyone that wanted to use it would also have to have Microsoft InfoPath?

Thanks,
      Joey

Comment

Dunno about that, or much about sharepoint to be honest, but I know it has a web-based interface.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by joey304 View Post
          Doesn't sharepoint use Microsoft InfoPath, meaning that anyone that wanted to use it would also have to have Microsoft InfoPath?

Thanks,
          Joey
          InfoPath is not required. You can integrate it in to sharePoint but SharePoint does not need it to function.

If you want to try this on the cheap, you can install Windows SharePoint Services against either your SQL Server (new instance) or a special MSDE one. SharePoint stores everything in SQL Server (everything) and AFAIK the MSDE bit is limited to 2 GB so if you start using any of the doc management features w/ versions, you can fill it up pretty fast. But for your forms bit this shouldn't be an issue.

Note WSS (at least 2.0 -- am still planning my upgrade to 3.0) is a bit weak on integrating w/ AD but you can develop a POC and see if you need to get full blown SharePoint:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...t/default.mspx
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for you help on this. I will look into the suggestion that you gave. Thanks a lot for everyone help.

Joey

Comment

Working...
            X