ghost 2003 can't make boot disk screen freezes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost 2003 can't make boot disk screen freezes

I am really disgouraged, I tried a external floppy because my dell 4700 series which is running did not come with one but had same results as I do now, I open ghost boot wizard go through the motions make the floppy restart computer and it starts in pc-dos which it is supposed to and then freezes up on the ghost intoductory page with a blue back round and grey center screen with the copyright info on top symantec on the bottom and an hour glass in the middle of the screen I have read and tried alot of things and can not come up with a solution to what the problem is. can anyone help.

Re: ghost 2003 can't make boot disk screen freezes

i've had a similar problem.

if you are using serial ata drives, this is mostly caused by the "normal" setting in the BIOS settings for the drive. Set it to "combination" and it won't freeze.

I was puzzled at first when i encountered this.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and it worked, I changed from normal to combination will that affect the computer in anyway.

Comment

Good job Rogue. Nice pickup!!
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks,

rpmp3, i've been using this method for quite some time. What i do is after i finish ghosting and when i reboot, i go back to the bios and set it back to "normal".

I have yet to have problems with this procedure and i've done this on 50 dell units.

Comment

Working...
          X