DHCP service config on windows server 2003 for other os clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP service config on windows server 2003 for other os clients

I've setup ISA 2006 SE with DHCP service on a windows server 2003 stnd R2. It's for use in our lab test env.

I've setup the server as with the EDGE template and created the necessary rules for dhcp, dns, web, mail, etc. I have 2 nics, one external and 1 internal.

I plugged the private nic to a switch and from there my other client machines. I can get an ip from vista/xp client machines. For some reason my mac osx client doesn't get an ip address.

yet if i plug in a netgear wireless router to the switch and plug the ethernet connection on the mac to the router, the mac box can receive a dhcp address from the router (the router was setup with DHCP service).

So did i misconfigure DHCP service on windows for some reason? Everything works great for the windows boxes, but not the mac box, yet the mac box can receive dhcp address frm the wireless router through it's lan ports.

any ideas?

Thanks

Re: DHCP service config on windows server 2003 for other os clients

This seems very strange. I can't think of anything that would cause this off hand.
    Are you sure that the Macs are in the same broadcast domain when you have windows handing out the addresses?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
    X