Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST In the US

Hello Everyone:
    I am looking for some help in updating our (3) mission critical win2k servers for the nonsensical daylight savings time change that will occur in US in the next month. Does anyone know of a way to do this that does not require manually changing registry keys? If not, then I i guess I will have to manually do it. Any thoughts would be welcomed. Thanks.

Re: DST In the US

yep see this thread
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Hey check out slashdot...they got a link to a executable that should take care of your w2k boxes. Source isnt available to pick apart but it checks out...using pascal!!!

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/11/1844246

I have a remote DC using w2k and I also have a w2k box at home. Gonna test this thing on the test box at home first...let it blow it up (if it does) then try it out on the DC.

I'll keep you posted...wish me luck.

Cheers,
      yellow_doh

Comment

On my test server...good to go.

next...the dc.

yellow_doh

Comment

See http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=914387 for more details.
          As for the 3rd party hotfix, I have been told that it incorrectly configures one of the time zone. If all you have is 3 W2K servers, I'd suggest you going the route suggested by MS.
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I object to extended daylight savings being referred to as "nonsensical" just because it is not possible to make sense of it.

Comment

Is there any need to update my UK-based, UK-configured systems? I mean, who cares if I get incorrect USA times for four weeks of the year? I never LOOK at USA times...

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

As far as the GMT US timezones for pacific, mountain, central, and eastern goes...they all changed times at 2am march 11 and again at Nov 11. That's pretty much all I care about ... I think.

If anyone has any reasons why other zones are necessary for this w2k DC...PLEASE tell me.

regards,
                yellow_doh

Comment

Working...
                X