Migrating 2 networks safely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating 2 networks safely

I don't know If i am in the right actegory.

Here goes: we are going to merge a netwerk. We have Cisco 2950 catalyst switches and currently the 2 networks we have are currently operating o na vlan. No routing is possible the networks cannot communicate with each other.

The idea is to merge the networks into one big AD. Now we have 2.

Questions are:

1. We are using Server 2003 and ISA server 2004 on both networks, bot with their own internet access, is it possible to merge the internet somehow using the two lines?

2. What's the easiest way of migrating teh users computeraccounts OU and GPO's?

3. One network is used for lower personel, the others for administrative personel.

We would however like to restrict personel access as much as possible,
    what we are afraid of is personel letting loose a virus or whatever and
    that it will also affect the administrative personel. Anyway of making
    sure that cannot happen? This in teh event our virusscanner doesn't pic
    up on it.

Re: Migrating 2 networks safely

Originally posted by hansjanssen View Post
    1. We are using Server 2003 and ISA server 2004 on both networks, bot with their own internet access, is it possible to merge the internet somehow using the two lines?
    I don't know if I understood the question. You want to merge 2 networks through an internet connection? You can do that with a VPN. Some routers can do that transparently, there are some Linksys routers that are around U$S 100, supposing you have fixed IP on one end, it works quite well.

Comment

Working...
    X