Remote Access to File after connected through Cisco VPN client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Access to File after connected through Cisco VPN client

I have a small Win Server 2003 network. There are no domains; the server is configured as a file server only. I have Cisco PIX 506E that is configured to allow VPN connections.

I need to allow a remote connection access to ONE file on the file server. I have installed the Cisco VPN client on the remote computer. The VPN connects successfully. I can ping the computer that has the file I need access to but I cannot connect to the share.

What software do I need to use so I can access the share.

Step by step Newbie directions appreciated

Re: Remote Access to File after connected through Cisco VPN client

I take it you can not see the share. "net view \\server" from a CMD box results in a "something not found" error?

Are you running the Microsoft "Windows Firewall" (in Control Panel) on those boxes? If so, you may want to check out the "Exceptions" tab and see if "File and Printer Sharing" is checked. If not, does checking it fix the problem?

Past that, I imagine it's going to be a VPN, Router, "real" Firewall issue.
    Last edited by rvalstar; 22nd January 2007, 17:31. Reason: added net view
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X