Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Mapped Drives alive

Hello all,

I have a number of 2000 advance servers that connect to a windows share on a client pc. But after around 15mins the drive appears with an red x next to it. If you double click the drive it appears fine. But my scritp runs in dos and doesn't connect it again.

I have found the following article on ms. I am not sure which machine to change the reg on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684/EN-US/

Could someone confirm this?

Many thanks
    Simon
    Kind Regards,
    Simon

Re: Keeping Mapped Drives alive

Originally posted by Si_Pe View Post
    Hello all,

I have a number of 2000 advance servers that connect to a windows share on a client pc. But after around 15mins the drive appears with an red x next to it. If you double click the drive it appears fine. But my scritp runs in dos and doesn't connect it again.

I have found the following article on ms. I am not sure which machine to change the reg on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684/EN-US/

Could someone confirm this?

Many thanks
    Simon
    You would set "autodisconnect" on the machine serving up the share. There is mention of adding KeepConn to the machine using the share so that may be the second thing to try.

Your wording indicates the client PC is serving up the share. If that is correct, do the "net config server /autodisconnect:-1" on the client and see if the problem goes away.

EDIT: Alternately, you could try putting a "net use" in your script.
    Last edited by rvalstar; 22nd January 2007, 15:08.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

"the network share computer", in youre case that is the client computer.
      (If that client is a Windows XP machine, keep in mind that only 10 concurrent network connections to a share are allowed to that computer!)

\Rem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Many thanks!

Pefrect answer!

Thanks all!
        Kind Regards,
        Simon

Comment

Working...
        X